Questions

• Last Post 14 October 2017
  • Topic Is Solved
oldblinddog posted this 14 October 2017

What distance are matches shot at?

What is a "mid" bore?

What is a "little" bore?

What is a "modified" scope?

Why is there no link to these rules and definitions?

Does anyone ever show up here and answer questions?

USMC (ret.), CBA, NRA, TSRA, ARPC

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 14 October 2017

Well, you to the top of the page. Click on "Matches". Move arrow down to "Rules". Everything is there, except for postal matches. For those you have to join the association and ask for rule book. HTH, Ric

Attached Files

I am a member. Are the answers to these questions a secret? 

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 14 October 2017

The rules for the postal matches are in the same place, under Matches, then rules, then postal. There may be additional rules per individual match, but the postal match director can answer those. No secrets.

https://castbulletassoc.org/postal-rules

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

I had the link you reference before I asked the questions. None of my questions are answered in this link. 

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 14 October 2017

My experience with this link as well.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 14 October 2017

What distance are matches shot at? Conventional bench rest rifles are 100 yards and 200 yards. Military rifles are 100, 200, and 300 yards. Hunter pistol is 50 yards. Distances are stated in the match announcements. Postal matches are stated in the annual list of postal matches flyer.

What is a "mid" bore? A postal match of conventional rifles of 8MM to .399" bores.

What is a "little" bore? A postal match of conventional rifle of .257" bore or smaller.

What is a "modified" scope? A military rifle that has been modified from issue that has a scope of 6X or less.

Please ask David for a postal match flyer, and it will become clearer, I hope.

Best wishes, Ric

Attached Files

Thank you for those answers. They will be a help in deciding whether or not to participate in postal matches.

Attached Files

Close