Results of Groundhog Shoot, Spring 2018

• Last Post 31 August 2018
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 15 June 2018

Here are the results from the Spring 2018 groundhog shoot .... we hope you shooters had as much fun with this as we did .  check out all the different rifles !!  i had to squeeze the data a bit to keep from having to scroll .  be glad to email the entire excel file if you pm me.

edit:   some point out that it is pretty hard to read this small print ....  if you have windows you can enlarge the screen/tables by holding down the     control     key and tapping the    +     key ... sorry i should have mentioned this earlier.   ( smaller by    control    key and    -     key ) .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
loophole posted this 15 June 2018

Thanks to those who did the work to put this together

Steve K

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Maven
  • Redleged
Bohica793 posted this 15 June 2018

Thanks to those who did the work to put this together

I second this.  Thanks to Jim and Ken and any others I neglect to mention for taking the time to put this on for us.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Maven
  • Redleged
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 17 June 2018

Redleged ..... yeah ... standing ...  i like the zen part ... if you even hit the paper it is a spiritual happening !! ....   besides, in the movies the cowboys always utilize their shootin-irons while standing up .....

when i wuz shooting ARA benchrest, i mentioned that if we shot standing, we wouldn't need $1600 bench guns and $1000 rests ... we could use $100 marlin 60's and a belt pouch for ammo ......  funny i didn't get any takers !! ...

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Redleged
Scearcy posted this 15 June 2018

Thank you everyone. We  will be in touch about the 100 yard shoot (Walk in the Woods) fairly soon. We are anticipating a target due date of Oct 1 so there is no time crunch yet.

Jim

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 16 June 2018

Lotsa fun, thank you!  Ross

Attached Files

Redleged posted this 16 June 2018

++1. Kudos to Ken and Jim! I really enjoyed myself and wish it were possible to get to meet each of the competitors on the firing line. Ken (and a few others,) you guys really shot those offhand?!?! Even sitting with sticks, that little dude was jumping all over the place, I can only imagine what he looked like offhand. In any event, this was a wonderful experience and I appreciate all the work that you two put into this. Ed

Growing old is mandatory, growing up, however, is totally optional!

Attached Files

Redleged posted this 17 June 2018

Ken,

If we do this again (50 yds,) I'll shoot at least one of my rifles offhand, just so I can get "zenned" as well. Then again, is there any reason I couldn't shoot my .45-70 BFR? I think that would be a hoot to shoot a GH target at 50yds with a pistol offhand...talk about a spiritual happening! [Insert Gregorian chant here...] Again, I thank you and Jim for the work and effort you put it to making this the really fun event it was. Ed

Growing old is mandatory, growing up, however, is totally optional!

Attached Files

Maven posted this 17 June 2018

Ken, Mac's are different than PC's. For the Mac, you hold down the Command button while tapping the + to enlarge things. 

Attached Files

GWarden posted this 18 June 2018

Jim and Ken, thanks for making the GH shoot a fun enjoyable shoot.

Bob

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 31 August 2018

I am pleased to be able to add on to the spring 18 groundhog results sheet the results of a target shot by Greg Hill  ...  held up by unforeseen circumstances, but it is worth it... i put his results at the bottom of the attached below table ... 

because of recent discussion of the 300 blackout for cast, note that he scored a fine 99 ... from a field position ....  hmmm ...  bet we see more of that case ...  oh, note he used a pistol primer ....  hmmm indeed ...

enlarge your web page for easier reading . sorry for slightly messy format.

Attached Files

Close