Savage Mk II .22 RF peep sight and scope options

• 2.1K Views
  • Last Post 18 January 2018
M3 Mitch posted this 13 January 2018

Recently bought a Savage Mk II in .22 RF, comes with open sights, and the round receiver is drilled on top for scope mounts.

I'm not seeing any Williams or Lyman peep sight made to fit this rifle.  Anyone know of a good peep sight option?

Failing that, of course I will shoot it a while with the open sights and maybe be satisfied with that. 

Or might go ahead and put on a scope.  Probably a Leupold, have always had good luck with them.

Thoughts, ideas?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
M3 Mitch posted this 18 January 2018

BigMan, If you want to sell that 10-22 peep sight, LMK, I am in the market for one.

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 18 January 2018

Mitch,

I discovered that Williams Peep sight for the 10/22 about 30yrs ago. Switched it out from a good old Weaver 2 1/2X scope. Now I Can't see well enough to take advantage of the Peep sight and have to switch back to a scope. 

I still have one on my H&R single shot .30-30 bbl.   Can still do OK with it. But the 10/22 is unusually accurate & needs the advantage a scope gives it. It's an old one a Deluxe from 1974. Always been EXCEPTIONALLY ACCURATE.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 18 January 2018

Yeah, I guess the Tech Sight is an option, I am not real crazy about it's "military" look.  Don't ask me why I don't like it, I like everything about the sights on a Garand.  Well I like them on a Garand.  Something like the Williams WGRS series is more like what I want, but I am not certain how to mount the one with a dovetail, and am pretty sure the one that fits a 110 is set up for a bigger receiver diameter. 

I guess I am just a hard to please old cuss.

How long has the Savage MK II been around?  I don't remember when it came out.  Maybe if it has not been out long, Williams will make one to fit it.

Attached Files

Clod Hopper posted this 18 January 2018

Tech Sights makes a peep for the Savage .22.  They work great on my 10/22.

Dale M. Lock

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
M3 Mitch posted this 17 January 2018

Thanks, but I was looking for a peep sight that will mount on the scope mounting holes already drilled and tapped on top of the receiver.  Williams makes some great little peep sights, the one they make for the 10-22 is great,

I do see some Williams sights that look like they will fit on centerfire rifles with a bigger receiver diameter.

Not wanting to do any custom work to this new rifle. 

If there is no peep sight that will bolt right on available, I guess I will just use it as is or get a Leupold scope.

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 13 January 2018

LYMAN makes Receiver sights for "round sided" Receivers. A GOOD GUNSMITH that can work on something besides AR's & 1911's, may be able to figure out how to adapt a current made sight to your rifle.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Close