I have a chance to buy 200 lbs.of linotype. I tested it with Lee tester,about 20 bhn. Is it worth $2.00/ lb.?
Value of Linotype
- 288 Views
- Last Post 10 May 2018
$2 per pound is a good price for linotype.
Do you have those Tikka T3s humming yet?
I look at the price of alloy as to how many projectiles I get per pound so price per projectile.
EG: 1lb + 7000 grains. 200gr projectile = 35 per pound. That's 5.7 cents per bullet. About the same as a primer.
Cheers from New Zealand
When Rotometals wants $19.99 for 5 pounds, this is a good price,
Farm boy from Western Illinois, living in the Magical Pacific Northwest
I try to shoot everyday, don,t always. Grandson walks down and out shoots me everytime. I get 5 at 1.5 / 100, his is under 1. I think I,LL GET HIM IN CBA! Old Tikka out shoots new one, even for him.
Thanks for advice on linotype,I,ll go get it tomorrow.---Nosee.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns & Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference