WTB 357 mag Thompson Contender Barrel

• Last Post 15 April 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
max503 posted this 30 March 2019

Would also consider a 38 special barrel.  Pistol length. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Richard Pickering posted this 11 April 2019

I assume you want a 10'' barrel. There were some Octagon and then round barrels. Early barrels had chambers that had very short leade, basically the rifling came almost to the case mouth. Later TC throated the barrels quite long. Barrels show up at times on Ebay, Gunbroker, Graybeard Outdoors, Specalty Pistols. rp

Attached Files

x101airborne posted this 12 April 2019

Man, If I could find one I would be in high cotton. Heck yeah, mild to wild. Let it eat. Good luck with your quest. 

Attached Files

max503 posted this 12 April 2019

I assume you want a 10'' barrel. There were some Octagon and then round barrels. Early barrels had chambers that had very short leade, basically the rifling came almost to the case mouth. Later TC throated the barrels quite long. Barrels show up at times on Ebay, Gunbroker, Graybeard Outdoors, Specalty Pistols. rp

********************************************************************************************************************

They're out there.  I'm just reluctant to buy one sight-unseen, from a stranger, off of ebay.  Guess I'm just old-fashioned.  Just thought I'd check here first.  

And yes I want a 10" barrel---Then I get to thinkin'---for the price of a TC barrel you can get an entire, brand new, single-shot rifle from CVA.  Decisions, decisions.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 12 April 2019

I have bought a couple of used super 14  barrels in recent years at gun shows. One a 7-30 Waters and the other a 30 Herret. But there, I had a chance to make sure that they were compatible and would operate with the frame that I had brought along, which can be an issue, And also  take a good look at their condition. I got the 7-30 Waters from the original owner but the 30 Herret came from a vender that I knew.

Got lucky in that both will do under two inches for five at 100 with cast. Sometimes easily smaller. Best with the Herret is 1 3/4" for ten at 100. 

That e-bay thought has always been there too and is why I have not bought barrels over the net. It's like everything else that's been used, "you pays your money and you take ;your chances". 

R

Attached Files

Danny posted this 15 April 2019

Would also consider a 38 special barrel.  Pistol length. I have a 10" octagon barrel chambered in .357 mag with sights I would part with. I have no idea what they are worth though. I converted my Contender to a carbine some time ago and won't use it as a pistol any longer. Perhaps we can work something out.

Danny

Attached Files

Close