Titegroup Availability

• 2.1K Views
  • Last Post 09 July 2015
billglaze posted this 23 June 2015

Just an advisory that I went into my Friendly Local Dealer and he had a stock of Titegroup on the shelf.  I just thought to post this so anybody who needs some is aware that it's apparently back in circulation.  If, as usual, I'm a day late, well, I tried. Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 24 June 2015

My local dealer also got some in this week. So they may have made a big batch or maybe the silliness is coming to an end. 

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you -- but it doesn't mean they are either.

John

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 24 June 2015

For what ever reason, Tite Group was always available here locally during the shortage. It's become my GO TO fast powder. Components in general seem to be returning here in the Boise valley. Now, if I could just find some Unique and some Blue Dot. GP

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 24 June 2015

When (and if ) they come available again, I'm definitely going to try some Blue Dot. Anybody have any thoughts on Green Dot? Is it worth trying? If anybody is having positive results, I'm always listening.

Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 29 June 2015

I recently picked up some TiteGroup at my LGS for experimentation. Has anyone here used it for gallery loads with plainbased bullets in the Krag, Springfield, Mosin-Nagant or Lee Enfield? What were your loads and results.

I am looking to experiment with the Accurate .31-155D.  Thanks!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

mckg posted this 29 June 2015

Ed, I don't know how you check your powder loads but I found TG to be very dense and dark, causing me actual neck pains in pistols (all calibers) and an auto press. 8 years after the purchase, what's left (most) of it finally turned light gray; or it's my eyes...

I haven't used it myself in rifles, but gmdr has, in 30-06 and WSM, if you needed a starting point (I think you linked that site in the past).

Looking forward to reading your report!

Attached Files

runfiverun posted this 30 June 2015

Green-dot is an overlooked pistol powder that works in many handgun loads. think of it as a slow lot of red-dot if you can't find any data for it. but it's burn rate is the same as P/B. it's my favorite cast bullet powder in the 45 acp.

ED I have found titegroup to burn similar to bulls-eye in the gallery type rifle loads. the one thing it does not like is to be compressed in anyway. other than that it's position insensitive and burns clean.

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 09 July 2015

Right now, for me, Red Dot is working pretty well; but, I would like very much to get ahold f the other two “dots” just to try them out with cast, and see if I can improve on results. But, (sob) I've been unable to locate either dot around here. (NC) Maybe they'll become available before my rifles rust out-- Bill

Attached Files

Close