Magnum Tube for a Belding and Mull powder measure

• 5.6K Views
  • Last Post 06 January 2008
CB posted this 01 December 2007

I am looking for a magnum powder measure tube for a Belding and Mull powder measure. I have the measure and the standard tube, but I do shoot some of the larger cases and would like to have the magnum tube.   :}

Thanks,

Jerry

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 01 December 2007

Hi... hey me too ... I got a 300 W Mag that is going to need about 80 gr powder.....

Make you a deal ... you figure out the dimensions needed to measure say 90 gr or so ... whatever you need .... and send them to me, and I will turn out some for us almost extinct B&M users ....  We could use the standard threaded slide, right?  Just wouldnt have a 11 grain measure tube with the same tube....

Were there ever any made by B&M?  I do not remember if they did.

I use H4831 for the big loads mostly, wonder if that coarse stuff will slide into a 6 inch long tube ??  (ggg) ...

let me know off forum if ya wanna play with this. ken campbell [email protected]

Attached Files

CB posted this 01 December 2007

Ken,

I saw one a few years ago, but the guy didn't want to sell it. Let me measure mine and figure out the dimensions and I will get back with you.

I want to use mine for doing 375 H&H and 300 Win Mag.

Jerry

Attached Files

CB posted this 02 December 2007

miestro_jerry wrote: I am looking for a magnum powder measure tube for a Belding and Mull powder measure. I have the measure and the standard tube, but I do shoot some of the larger cases and would like to have the magnum tube.   :}

Thanks,

Jerry When I was trying to use the B&M measure I found that some Black Powder measures fit just perfectly in the hole, and that I could set them with a caliper if I wanted tricky measurements. I think the ID of the measure is 1/2". Using a BP measure as is or threading the bottom in-out thing would work fine. I wish I could use the measure.

joe b.

Attached Files

The B & M does it thing by volume not weight per sey. I have tried the black powfer measures and they aren't big enought for magnum reloading.

Jerry

Attached Files

Jerry & Ken,

You can still buy B&M Visible powder measurers at  Buffalo Arms Co.  They also sell 'magnum' tubes for the measurers.   :coffee

http://www.buffaloarms.com/>http://www.buffaloarms.com/

Attached Files

The tubes they have, don't look like the magnum tube I saw. Plus the Buffalo Arm's one would require me to raise the measure higher than it is now.

Nut I will order and try it out. Thanks,

Jerry

Attached Files

Jerry,

Call them and ask for Dave Gullo the owner. He could probably tell you what you want to know about the tubes.............Dan

Attached Files

Dan,

Thanks,

Jerry

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 03 December 2007

Hi Jerry .. if they have some, and they will handle the 90 or 100 gr smokeless .. order one for me too , will send along a check to you when you let me know.

On the project, will hold until you answer ... off forum I spose.

I hesitatnly post this on forum as maybe there will be other B&M fans who might like a ” group buy"    ( 3 or 4  )     (g)))

regards, ken campbell

Attached Files

Idaho Sharpshooter posted this 03 December 2007

Montana Vintage Arms is making an exact replicate of the B&M. Their tube is calibrated for up to 140gr of BP, it does enough for my 550 Gibbs loads.

Rich

Attached Files

CB posted this 03 December 2007

That is something I can use, I will check with them tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jerry

Attached Files

AMMOe posted this 01 January 2008

I have a buddy in San Diego that makes drop tubes for B&M measures.(Any size) He sent me a few: very nice stuff. I have 4 B&M measures. Wouldn't be without them. ~Andy

Attached Files

CB posted this 03 January 2008

Andy,

Does he sell them?

Jerryt

Attached Files

AMMOe posted this 04 January 2008

Jerry: I don't know! He made a few for himself and some for me. I can ask him. He is a gunsmith and engineer and loves B&M measures. Like myself, he buys them on e-bay and refurbs them for his own enjoyment and use. I'll be talking to him on Saturday. How much of a tube capacity do you want??~Andy

Attached Files

AMMOe posted this 06 January 2008

miestro_jerry wrote: Andy,

Does he sell them?

Jerryt Jerry, I talked to my buddy Tim. He doen't do it for a business but he said he would make you one. He boughta goodly suppy of the component materials the last time he made a few for he and I, I guess. How long do you want it? ~Andy

Attached Files

Close