INTRODUCTION

• 3K Views
  • Last Post 21 January 2011
2grouse posted this 10 May 2008

I'm just getting started in cast bullets. I shoot an Encore rifle in 7mm BR & 7mm-08. Looking forward to words of wisdom from this well spoken of bunch. I shoot at Spokane Rifle Club.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 11 May 2008

Welcome Ric Glad to have to join here in our little corner of cyberspace. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask!

Jeff

Attached Files

CB posted this 11 May 2008

Welcome 2grouse.

Glad you enjoy the forum. You have a good bunch of shooters there at Spokane Club. They can give you some great first hand advice from their experiences. Have fun with the 7mm cartridges. Sounds interesting and they ought to shoot good.................Dan

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 16 May 2008

:coffee I'm Ron from the silhouette range, shoot TCs in the bottom of the canyon, mow, paint and reload. I've been into reloading and casting for 4 or 5 years, have great luck with lead bullets. Thanks for producing such a great site to accompany Fouling Shot. Love this place.

I guess you'd call me a Veral Smith groupie, oops...

Attached Files

CB posted this 17 May 2008

Welcome Ron

Glad you like the site. I am getting ready to go shoot a match, I am expecting 20 to 30 mph winds and rain, should be interesting. Yeah Veral makes a good mould, will be shooting one of his bullets today, I have manged to collect several of his molds.. Got to go and load all of the stuff in the van.. Have fun with the site.

Jeff

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 17 May 2008

2grouse wrote: I'm just getting started in cast bullets. I shoot an Encore rifle in 7mm BR & 7mm-08. Looking forward to words of wisdom from this well spoken of bunch. I shoot at Spokane Rifle Club.

Hi, welcome !!

Hey, I got a 7mm also ... a 7 BR-1/10 Short ...   still in project mode, I am trying to graft it onto my Borden/Six benchrest rig, now a 6 ppc outfit, but cast bullets are more fun, like Forrest Gump's box of choco-lutes.

Keep us posted on the 7mm shooting, there arent too many of us (g) .. we get NO respect !!

ken campbell, iowa

Attached Files

2grouse posted this 17 May 2008

As those of us in the know, 7 is a perfect number. Will keep you posted. Ric

Attached Files

canalupo posted this 22 May 2008

Hello everyone. Recently joined forum and am looking forward to comraderie of like minded “Gun Guys” or girls as the case may be. I have reloaded for a number of years mostly for economy. With the price of components on a steady rise I thought it may be time to move from mostly jacketed stuff to cast bullets for my hand gun shooting. It seems I need a lot of practice (at least my wife thinks so). I try to keep her thinking that way. I gives me more trigger time.

Well thanks for letting me in the door.

Attached Files

CB posted this 22 May 2008

Welcome! Glad to have you join us.. Yeah those gun gals aint such a bad bunch at all.. Got one myself.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time getting those hand guns to shoot accurately.

Jeff

Attached Files

nradad posted this 21 January 2011

Recently got a 7mm-08 Marlin XS7. Purchased a Lee mold 130gr 7mm w/gc but still nervous about trying new loads without published data. Just got the new Lee loading manual and it has zip on cast load data. I have been experimenting with SR4759 but I understand pressures can build rather quickly. My cast bullets are 50/50 WW & Linotype. Does anyone have a good starting load? I also use 4198 and BL-C(2).

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 21 January 2011

This is from Lyman 49th with a 135 grain bullet but, they show 15.3 grains of SR 4759.  IMR 4198 starts at 16.8 grains. 

Their bold print, most accurate load is with AA-5744 starting at 16.5 grains.

Ron

Attached Files

Close