mould

• 2.9K Views
  • Last Post 03 August 2009
clem posted this 17 December 2008

am looking to purchase 1 for my squirrel rifle 32 cal maxi-ball style .310 i think thanks Steve

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Lillard posted this 20 December 2008

The owner of a local gun store had some 32 cal maxi ball bullets last week for his personal gun I can ask where he got them if that will help.

Attached Files

clem posted this 20 December 2008

sure would appreciate it as they seem to like finding a needle in you know what Thanks Steve 

Attached Files

Lillard posted this 28 December 2008

I ask about the 32 cal. maxi balls he said someone left them with a employ to give to him and did not know who left them. He said he has no clue who left them because he never ask anyone for them. The employ did not know the person.

Sorry not much help.

Attached Files

Duane Mellenbruch posted this 29 December 2008

Clem, about the best I can do is refer to a Thompson Center catalog from 1988 where they do have a single cavity mold # 7273 (32 cal @ 103 grains).  Since they do not list this in the current web site, perhaps they are no longer available.  You could call and see if they might have one still on the shelf gathering dust somewhere.

Rather than give you just the one link for TC, I am giving you the Shooting Links URL which will have about 326 links to various shooting stuff.  I would suggest you keep it for future reference.

http://www.reloadammo.com/rel-link.htm>http://www.reloadammo.com/rel-link.htm

Duane Mellenbruch  Topeka, KS

Attached Files

clem posted this 29 December 2008

thanks  i am pretty sure they don`t have them as they had a large fire that burned up-a lot of their equipment but thanks for the liks will certainly check them out Clem

Attached Files

Veral Smith posted this 29 December 2008

Hornady used to sell swaged round balls in a variety of calibers, and probably has something that will work fine.  Not like casting your own, but at least, maybe you can keep the squirrel population in check, and your rifle popping, till you find a mold.

Attached Files

loren fouts posted this 02 August 2009

my brother and i just purchased .32 cal traditions crocket rifles and pistol. we are having a blast with them.i also purchased 3 original bxs of thompson centers .32 cal maxi-balls the imformation on the bxs state. .32 cal maxi-ball weight 103 grs. also must be some sort of item  # because on the bx it has no.7297.i am also looking for an original t.c. maxi-ball mould.my question to anyone who reads this is.if i send a bullet to nei who custom makes moulds can they make a maxi-ball mould from this bullet.im going to call them 8/3/09.if they can make an exact mould would anyone else be intrested in one of  the bullets i have so they to can have a mould made.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 03 August 2009

I've been looking for one of those molds for a long time, they're scarce as hen's teeth. I have a TC Cherokee in .32, also have two maxi balls left. Round balls are easy to get or make. If you would,let me know what you find out at NEI. For that matter, maybe LBT would do it. I was going to call NEI myself but have dragged my feet, a custom mold isn't in the budget right now. The concrete business is in the toilet and is messing with my fun money.

Attached Files

clem posted this 03 August 2009

i would be interested . I have seen a couple on ebay that went for almost 200$ quite a mark up as i have an original catalog and th emold went for 13$ and the handles for $9. Thanks Clem

Attached Files

loren fouts posted this 03 August 2009

10 4 about the fun money. i did call nei the gentleman on the phone stated that they do carry a .32 cal maxi-ball mould i think it is 100grs.i dont know the price i was on there web sight and being new to computers i couldnt find the bullet in question.the gentleman i talked to was alittle hard to understand over the phone i did ask him if i sent him a bullet if  they could make me a mould he stated that they could but its not going to be cheap.starts at about $200 and works up from there.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 03 August 2009

Thanks Loren. I had a hard time navigating their website too, I'm no computer whiz, that's for sure. It's good to know they have a .32 maxi as an off the shelf item, bound to be a lot cheaper than a custom. I'd love to have a original TC mold, but a close facsimile would do.

Attached Files

Close