Looking for 9mm and 45 acp data

• 2K Views
  • Last Post 01 August 2011
draymer posted this 20 July 2011

Hello enthusiasts, I am primarily looking for data for 9mm and 45 acp competition loads for uspsa.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
codarnall posted this 21 July 2011

4.2gr 231, 200 -230 gr. Super accurate in my Less Baer, or Springfield Armory. There are lots of accurate loads like 4.1 Bullseye. The guns can become sluggish with some of the light loads and bullets where you'll have to go to a weaker spring possibly just as an aside.

Charlie

Attached Files

codarnall posted this 21 July 2011

9mm what's that?

Charlie

Attached Files

CB posted this 21 July 2011

I hope somebody comes up with some 9mm ideas for you. Ive got a WWII P38 and I was thinking of using lees .356-120 trunicated cone in,but its still on the to do list. The mould Ive got dropsem at .358-.359. To many toys to little time.

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 26 July 2011

:coffee   9mm with Bullseye- 3.2 grains to 3.8 grains

I've toyed with 9mm a little, enough to find out that it does build pressure as quick as the warnings say.  You'll have to check seating depth as opposed to powder charge.  When it starts to get hot, it zooms.

Ron

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 26 July 2011

In 9mm had best results with H&G #7 cast of wheelweights and quenched from the mold, loaded as-cast and unsized, lubed with Lee Liquid Alox in W-W brass with WSP primer to same OAL as hardball, use Lee factory Crimp die and lightest charge of Bullseye which will cycle. Charge range recommended above is correct. 3.5 grs. will cycle Browning GP, HP, Walther P1, P5, SIG P225, P210, etc. May need to increase slightly based on lot-to-lot variation, but loads which worked for me were all in the 1050 +/- 30 fps range and outshot ball ammo.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

oscarflytyer posted this 29 July 2011

Probably hotter than you want, but my 45 loves a 200 gr LSWC in front of 5 gr of Bullseye.  A lot!

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 29 July 2011

45ACP  5.5 gr Unique and 200 gr. semi wadcutter.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

CB posted this 29 July 2011

The OP has power factors to meet. It would be helpful to know what components is using before making specific recommendations.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 30 July 2011

WELL; IF 5.5 UNIQUE ISN'T HOT ENOUGH TRY 6.8GR. AND A 200 GR BULLET, YOU CAN GO TO 7.5 UNIQUE (ACCORDING TO LYMAN), BUT YOUR BRASS WON'T LAST VERY LONG.

SERIOUSLY I DON'T KNOW WHAT BULLET WEIGHT AND VELOCITY ARE NECESSARY TO MEET THE MAJOR POWER FACTOR IN THE 45 ACP, BUT JUST ANYTHING OF 200 GR WT. MOVING 750 TO 800 FPS OUGHT TO DO IT.

A FRIEND USES 140 TO 145 GR IN THE 9MM TO REACH THE MAJOR FACTOR IN THAT CALIBER, I DO NOT KNOW THE SPECIFICS OF HIS LOAD, BUT I WOULD GUESS THAT IT IS HOTTER THAN PHOENIX IN JUNE.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

codarnall posted this 31 July 2011

I wouldn't be too excited about the P38 made during the war. Mine were '42s and earlier and were suppose to be the better.  I had 4 and one time years ago. One was a commercial Walther imported via Alexandria Virginia Co. it was the only accurate one of the bunch.  Same loads etc.  I had to drift the front sight so much they looked like they may fall out.   Beware of light loads too.  An empty caught while feeding can pop the extractor off the top and dump all the springs and ejecter out on the desert in my case.  Lesson learned was 1911's  for autos and have never gone back.

Charlie

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 31 July 2011

My friends call me ancient ,antique and obsolete.

They all have Berettas ,Glocks ,Sigs and other plastc and aluminum toys.

I use 911 pistols in 45 or 38 super and S&W double action revolvers.With the same Pachmayr grips ,that fit my hands.Those I shoot two handed.

And a steel Browning HP and a Mauser HSC,last year I had a stroke,my right hand is not what it used to be.Theese I can shoot one handed.

I tolerate Peacemaker clones by Pietta or Ruger Vaqueros because they are mandatory in cowboy shoots.Of course two handed grip.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 31 July 2011

Ed mentioned the H&G #7. It seems Lee has knock-offs for several H&G designs, is there a Lee #7 knock-off? I'm growing fond of their 6 cavity molds. Is there a good trick to determining OAL in the 9mm?

Attached Files

codarnall posted this 01 August 2011

I find just what ever fits and feeds nicely in the magazine is fine!

Charlie

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 01 August 2011

I have looked at the picture of H&G # 7 mould, a similar mould from Lyman is #356402, that is a 356 with a square point and used to arrive sideways,perfect keyholes at 25 meters.

Much better is #358665 ,sized 357, heavier  ,around 130-135 grains.

As hard as youcan,around 1000 fps ,as large as you can.To make the 120 factor.

I had to clip some of the recoil spring.

9mm or 9x21 are lousy cast bullet shooters,they have to steep a twist and their working pressure is too high for lead alloy bullets.

The only reason to use it is that brass is cheap.

The 38 superauto in a '911 is much ,enormously better with cast bullets.

And I am able to make it feed and shoot with 9x21 brass and revolver bullets seated out,headspacing on the bullet,as it was said ,in Col Harrison's book , an advice for bullseye competition in the 45ACP.

It's a Steel Challenge match I use to attend  to ,at the beginning of spring ,each year  ,You shoot 200 rounds  ,and you leave them on the ground .

The income of the match goes to assist ill children.

You better use a revolver or  very cheap brass.

Attached Files

Close