Hello and thanks for your time. I have a Parker-Hale M86 target rifle and would like to find Weaver type bases for it. I only have been able to find them for the round receivers.
Scope base recommendation Parker-Hale M86
- 113 Views
- Last Post 04 February 2019
hi ... i have used some weaver mounts for the marlin 336 on square top rifles ... holes probably won't match right, so a crutch is to get one hole right and drill/tap another one. another crutch is if the fit isn't a perfect mate, you can bed the base(es) with epoxy ( filled i like devcon ) .... in fact if you are just shooting informally at your local range, just epoxy that mount on ... 82 per cent that it won't fall off with cast bullet loads ,... medium loads ...
... and yes, i know we can go to h*ll for crutching up a parker-hale .
Thanks Ken, the head scratcher for me is that one base position is higher than the other.
Compare it to 1903 Springfields, they all have the bridge heights different. Brownells catalogs used to have the heights of all Weaver bases.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns & Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference