Hello guys, I'd like to ask you a question. I have a rifle Zastava M70 in 9.3x62 Mauser, with twist rate of 1:14.2. As I said before, I'd like to cast bullets for my rifle. Recently I have tried to extend in diamter a LEE mold .358 200rf to get .368 but I lost a lot of edge sharpness. My question is what mold in original version should I purchase. I'm open for any suggestion. P.S. I've read a bit of paper patching and I'm also interested if I can use that Lee mold .358 200rf for paper patching .368 because I haven't destroyed every cavity. Thanks in advance.
What mold should I use for my Mauser 9.3x62
- 273 Views
- Last Post 29 December 2018
For my recently acquired JP Sauer 9.3x62 I have obtained the NOE 368-285-FN, an Accurate 37-250B, and as of yesterday the Arsenal 368-280-RF in both GC and PB. My shooting to date is primarily with the ACC 250B. My load experimentation and casting is on hold right now due to the arrival of winter weather and medical priorities
This collection of molds is fairly representative of what is currently available. I hope that a 200gr. bullet mold might be offered soon inasmuch as 280gr and even 250gr bullets rapidly eats up my lead supply, considering that I am just punching holes in paper.
The NOE 285 gr. bullet works fairly well in my 9.3x57 Husky. I haven't found the perfect charge for it yet, but I think 4895 and 3031 will help me there.
I have three bullets that I would recommend. I have a few others but don't have any history with them yet. All three shoot really well out of my CZ-550FS 9.3X62MM:
Lyman 366408 (245gr FN GC)
NOE 368-280-FN GC & PB
Hoch 368300 300gr FN GC
David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns & Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference