Alox

• Last Post 04 April 2019
JeffinNZ posted this 02 April 2019

It's been a while since I used liquid Alox.  Forgot how much I love the smell.  That's not a bad thing, right?

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Eutectic posted this 04 April 2019

Thank your lucky stars, that relationship was not worth saving.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Bud Hyett posted this 04 April 2019

I remember a blonde in California who asked, "What fragrance do you like?"

I replied, "Hoppe's #9."

Several weeks later, she said, "I've been to every fragrance counter or shop in LA and no one knows about Hoppe's #9, where do you get it?"

My reply, "Any gun store."

Even a long detailed explanation did not save that relationship. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 04 April 2019

i am in dubble trubble ...

i can conjure up the smell of Hoppes and No. 80 Sporting smoke at the same time .... 

i have no hope for redemption  ... and i don't really care ... 

ken

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 03 April 2019

jchiggins: I had those moulds that made lead toy soldiers when I was nine or ten years old. Can you imagine what folks today would think of parents who let there kids play with melted lead. No harm  ever came of it. I guess kids were smarter back then or maybe just luckier. LOL Gp

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Dukem
BigMan54 posted this 03 April 2019

Hoppe's #9, best smell in the world, after fresh coffee & My Wife's POT ROAST. 

And maybe DUNHILL Early Morning Pipe, the smell of a fresh can just opened. A hot cup of Italian Roast. On a quiet Saturday Morning just before the Sun comes over the horizon and blinds me, so I have to turn 180degrees around. 

AND DUNHILL STOPPED MAKING THEIR TOBACCO'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

Damned pussy limey bastards have stopped making it. Probably some knuckle-under PC crap. 

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 03 April 2019

Ya'LL; I have a certified live-in shrink.

Attached Files

As a member of the CBA, and a concerned citizen who dabbles in psychological disorders, I believe we have come to an "awkward place".  Perhaps there are unknown side effects to casting that are becoming apparent on this forum.  Call me if you need to hear a reassuring voice that won't laugh (too loudly).  First consultation is free.  In the meantime, I'll be playing with my lead collection; ingots are great for building forts the lead soldiers can attack.

LOL!

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

jchiggins posted this 02 April 2019

As a member of the CBA, and a concerned citizen who dabbles in psychological disorders, I believe we have come to an "awkward place".  Perhaps there are unknown side effects to casting that are becoming apparent on this forum.  Call me if you need to hear a reassuring voice that won't laugh (too loudly).  First consultation is free.  In the meantime, I'll be playing with my lead collection; ingots are great for building forts the lead soldiers can attack.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • Bill2728
beagle6 posted this 02 April 2019

While sniffing Alox, Ballistol and fired shotgun shells is perfectly normal, nothing, but nothing, beats Hoppes # 9 for taking you back to happier times.

beagle 6

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 02 April 2019

You'all levin' out the classic Black Powder stink.

Attached Files

cfp4570 posted this 02 April 2019

I like the smell of alox too, and have sniffed freshly fired shotshells since I was a kid. My dad used to laugh about that. I have to say, hulls with a paper base wad smell the best.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 02 April 2019

Ballistol is great, love it when my wife dabs a little behind her ear. Like Imperial Die Wax on dry hands. But I draw the line on Break-Free, smells like something my great aunt wore, just repulsing. 

All time favorite though is not gun related, red cedar. My grandmother had a lined closet and I would sit in it and play for hours when I was just a little booger. Since a have a full woodworking shop, I am thinking of building a coffin out of it. Will keep the bugs out too, that's a comfortable feeling in more than one way. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch

I also sniff spent shotgun hulls and like the odor of Ballistol.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • TRKakaCatWhisperer
  • Dukem
frnkeore posted this 02 April 2019

I do all my lubing, with a lube that is 70% Alox. I pan lube on my wife's kitchen stove

When the lube melts, she always lets me know, by the oder (sweet smell )

She shoots with me so, that helps!

Frank

Attached Files

Bill2728 posted this 02 April 2019

I had to go open a bottle...I don't think I'll use it as an aftershave

Bill

Attached Files

Close