22 RIMFIRE HOLE DRILLING APPARATUS NEEDED

• Last Post 01 February 2018
joeb33050 posted this 31 January 2018

I just happen to have a case of GECO very-accurate-in-my-martini 22 ammunition that I could use to put this whole bullet weighing business to bed. I need a jig/holder thing to hold the cartridge, with a hole for a drill bit at 90 degrees. I could use a pin vice with the bit. Or?

Anyone?

joe b., DATAMAN!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
joeb33050 posted this 01 February 2018

Yes, Jamestown makes a 1/16" longer 2 setscrew drill bit stop.

joe b.

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 01 February 2018

Ken;

Thanks, and a 1/16" drill seems about right. The washer would work just fine.Somehow I need a stop on the bit to keep all holes same depth. Are such stops made?

joe b.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 31 January 2018

here is my 4th version of a fantasy drill thingy ..

a rectangular metal bar maybe 6-8 inches long so you can c-clamp it to a kitchen table.

about .6 inches wide so the 0.225-6 hole reamed through horizontally it will leave a little of the nose of the 22 you stick in the hole sticking out.  so after you drill a hole in the bullet you can tap the cartridge back out a tad and pull it out with your finger .

the guide hole for your drill bit is horizontal from the end so you can use a drill motor so not to get carpal tunnel right away .

aluminum would last 500 or so drillings before the drill guide hole becomes sloppy ...

i am not sure how to avoid a lead chips problem.  maybe a brush... and wd40 lube the drill bit.  or a vacuum sweeper ..

what size drill bit and where on the bullet is the hole ??

or put the guide hole near the brass and adjust hole location  with a washer ...? ...

roll that version around ... gotta start somewhere ...

ken

Attached Files

Close