CZ 527

• 2K Views
  • Last Post 12 May 2017
John Alexander posted this 08 May 2017

After hearing nothing but good things about them and resisting for years, I just bought a CZ 527 in 223. I am waiting on scope rings to fit the dovetails on the receiver so haven't fired it yet.  Although I ordered one with a plastic stock it came with a handsome checkered one that looks like walnut so I didn't complain.  The borescope shows it to have a extemly smooth bore with six somewhat narrow lands.  The set trigger works as advertised.  The scaled down mouser action seems well machined. I can put up with the ugly magazine hanging down and the funny looking trigger if it shoots.

My only complaint so far is that the action feels rough.  I know I am spoiled by the Krag-smooth action of the Tikka I have been shooting and I know mauser type actions aren't the smoothest but this is a long way from the good ones of this type.  The cocking cam seems smooth enough but sliding the bolt back and forth is pretty bad.  I know it will smooth with use but would welcome suggestions for speeding the process.

John

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 12 May 2017

The twist on mine is exactly 9 inches as advertised. Just what is needed for the long NOE 22780 SP -- I hope. I believe the older ones were a slower twist.

John

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 11 May 2017

I love my little CZ 527 (7.62X39)  The bolt throw was pretty rough at first but it has smoothed up a bunch in just 5 or 6 outings. The bore is very smooth so no matter, shoot powder coated bullets or lubed ones it cleans up with just a few patches. Have it in mind to try their 221 fireball chambering. Gp

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 11 May 2017

They'll shoot! 12" twist I believe. Jim

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 11 May 2017

John, I bought my 223 used from a guy who said it "wouldn't shoot" VLD 69 grain bullets. I got it cheap. Every load with 52 grain match bullets is less than 3/4" with a 6X scope at 100 yards. Most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Ric

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 10 May 2017

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and help.  I still haven't found time to slug the throat or get a scope on it but will report progress next week.

Good one Ken.

John

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 09 May 2017

... a person should cz every opportunity to acquire a new gun ...

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • wd-30/40
OU812 posted this 09 May 2017

That is a neat looking rifle...I hope it shoots cast well. Do you have a bullet diameter small enough to fit new throat? I can help. Or you can use steel wool and Rem Clean to make throat slightly larger.

Rewarding myself with new toys makes me a happier person also.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 08 May 2017

John, I have two, one in .223 and one in 7.62X39. While not as smooth as a nice Krag, they were just fine after a few petting and shooting sessions.

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 08 May 2017

John

I have a 527 in 223. It smoothed up pretty quickly. Compared to my Remages it is smooth as silk.

Jim

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 08 May 2017

After buying my first CZ 550, that was my only complaint. A search to see if others had noticed this issue with the bolt led me to this link. It explains exactly what to do. It took me about an hour & half to complete the job. I did not want to over do it and wanted the use to clean up the last 10%. 

In the past I had always us dykem on the bolt and stoned the high spots. This works well also, You might try this option first because it is a little less time consuming. 

https://www.shootersforum.com/gunsmithing/99869-slicking-up-cz.html

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Close