? For Ed Harris About NOE .312 163-FN-AR5 PB

• Last Post 02 September 2018
pat i. posted this 01 September 2018

Ed I was looking at this bullet on the NOE site and noticed you have a pretty close copy made by Accurate. My questions are. Did you have any success with the NOE bullet in an 06? Did you draw the Accurate bullet to include a bevel base (I don't know if NOE will cut a bevel base or not)? Does the NOE bullet cast pretty close to the drawn dimensions using WW? Guess that about covers my questions for the time being. I wish both Accurate and NOE would offer a LBT style spruce plate. I like their molds but love the LBT plate and hold down finger.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 02 September 2018

The mold I have is an original old Walt Melander NEI #69BB which is my preferred gallery bullet in the '06 with 6 grains of Bullseye.  Accurate and NOE both make clones and produce good molds which cast true to size.  Accurate can do the bevel base on request.  Bevel is 7-1/2 degrees x .09"

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
pat i. posted this 01 September 2018

That's the one except in plain base. A lot of name for a little bullet.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 01 September 2018

Dis one.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 01 September 2018

Ok,is it just me or is there a number missing to identify this mold? I am assuming it should be 308, 309, 310, 311 or 312. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Close